joint booths at upcoming tradeshows - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Si Chen
Subject joint booths at upcoming tradeshows
Date
Re: joint booths at upcoming tradeshows  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi everybody.  This is my first posting here, so please excuse my lack
of knowledge.

I'm one of the core developers of the Open For Business (www.ofbiz.org)
project and the lead developer for Sequoia ERP (www.sequoiaerp.org),
which are both true open source ERP applications projects released under
the non-reciprocal MIT Public License.  (OFBiz is a development project
with an SVN tree, and Sequoia ERP are the stable releases.)  Our project
is database neutral and supports most major databases, including
PostgreSQL.  In fact, quite a few deployments have been done with
PostgreSQL over time.

One idea I had was to do some joint promotion at upcoming tradeshows.  I
thought it might be possible for us to send someone to the PostgreSQL
booths with a demo of Sequoia ERP running on PostgreSQL, so people could
see ecommerce, warehouse, manufacturing, Point Of Sales, order entry,
and some CRM and accounting applications at work.  We could also put
together some CD's with Sequoia ERP pre-configured for PostgreSQL and
hand them out at the booths.

We're based in the US ourselves, but there are other community members
in Europe, Asia, and Australia as well.  I could contact the other
community members and see if they would be available to participate in
the overseas booths as well.

Is this something that might make sense?

Si Chen
sichen@opensourcestrategies.com