Re: ice-broker scan thread - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: ice-broker scan thread
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Gavin Sherry wrote:

> The paper I linked to seemed to suggest that they weren't using async IO
> in 9.2 -- which is fairly old. I'm not sure why the authors didn't test
> 10g.

There have been async io type parameters in Oracle's init.ora files from
(at least) 8i (disk_async_io=true IIRC) - on Solaris anyway. Whether
this enabled real or simulated async io is probably a good question - I
recall during testing turning it off and seeing kio()? or similar type
calls become write()/read() in truss oupout.

regards

Mark