Re: password storage error - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: password storage error
Date
List pgadmin-support
Web2cad wrote:
> Hi
> I am running win2k, pgAdmin 1.4 (nov 5 2005) connecting to postgresql 7.3.
>
> I am having trouble with the password storage feature.
>
> Everytime I close pgAdmin and start it up again, I get a no password
> supplied error when connecting to data base. If I try to connect again
> then it will promt me for the password.
>
> If I reconnect without closing pgAdmin then the feature works and will
> use the saved password to connect.
>
> I checked the paasword file, all the data is there and gets updated. It
> seems to me that pgAdmin forget where the file is on close.
>
> Is there a setting I forgot to set?? Are there any fixes or work arounds??

Never heard complaints about this so far. Apparently, you do have the
"store password" checkbox set, that's why you're not asked for a
password the first time you connect. The second time, pgAdmin has
noticed internally that the last connection failed, and asks for the
password again. After the password is entered, pgAdmin will remember it
internally, the stored password is not used until pgAdmin is closed.

I suspect that there's an encoding problem, does your password include
non-ANSII characters?

Regards,
Andreas