Re: What do we need for new PUGs? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Gilberto Castillo
Subject Re: What do we need for new PUGs?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

> Folks,
>
> First, excuse the cross-posting; the reason for it will be come clear.
>
> It has been the custom of the PostgreSQL project to give mailing lists
> to new PostgreSQL User Groups (PUGs) for them to use to coordinate
> meetings.  Lately, though, it's become apparent that those lists are not
> being used[1], and the sysadmin team is justifiably reluctant to create
> lists which are dead-on-arrival.
>
> So the question becomes: if what new PUGs need for infrastructure is not
> new mailing lists, then what do they need?
>
> Infrastructure we could possibly supply would include:
>
> * Meetup.com accounts
> * Google Apps/Calendar accounts
> * Blog + RSS
> * Mailing lists anyway
> * Something else
>
> If you currently run a PUG, used to run a PUG, or are thinking of
> starting a PUG, please explain what online infrastructure would *really*
> help you get the PUG started or run your existing PUG, and why.  And
> then we'll look at ways to supply that.
>
> I'm especially looking for some feedback here from our *international*
> audience; what works in the USA will be different from what works
> elsewhere.
>
> [1] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/54F4CB31.6060505@kaltenbrunner.cc

In Cuba we have several needs, but even waited for Governmental
negotiation issues.

Remember that we have never been able to count on the support of
international funds for our 7 events previous.

Saludos,
Gilberto Castillo
La Habana, Cuba
---
This message was processed by Kaspersky Mail Gateway 5.6.28/RELEASE running at host imx3.etecsa.cu
Visit our web-site: <http://www.kaspersky.com>, <http://www.viruslist.com>