Re: drop if exists - first piece - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: drop if exists - first piece
Date
List pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:

>New test seems reasonable.

done.

>A few other minor comments:
>
>* The NOTICEs should probably not carry an ERRCODE; usually you just
>want a notice to go out with the default "not an error" SQLSTATE.

done.

>* The "Assert(missing_ok)"s are a waste of code space --- if
>ereport(ERROR) ever returned, there would be vast swaths of the backend
>that fail, so there's no point in asserting it only here.  They also
>make the reader stop to wonder why they are there, which is probably a
>bigger objection.

done, but I left one with a modified test to reflect what we are really
testing, i.e. that we didn't fall of the end of a message table.

>* It's probably not a good idea to assume that "IF" is a safe name for
>a parser symbol --- too much risk of collision with other macros.
>I'd suggest "IF_P".

done.

Thanks for the review.

Committed as above. I will probably do DROP DATABASE IF EXISTS shortly,
but anyone who wants to jump in on others is welcome to.

cheers

andrew