Re: Incomplete Startup Packet - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mott Leroy
Subject Re: Incomplete Startup Packet
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

> It's impossible to believe that that's even slightly related.
> "Incomplete startup packet" means that you've got broken client-side
> software, or perhaps that something is portscanning you.  You sure you
> weren't seeing those beforehand?

I'm not certain I wasn't seeing those beforehand, no. I suppose I jumped
to conclusions a bit. Should I be concerned about these "incomplete
startup packet" errors? It's unlikely that its a portscan, since the db
server is invisible to the outside world. How can I go about tracking
down the source of these? My db clients are JDBC connections from web
applications.