Re: Choosing PostgreSQL as the database for our next project - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Johnny Ljunggren
Subject Re: Choosing PostgreSQL as the database for our next project
Date
List pgsql-general
Scott Ribe wrote:
>From what I understand this will be possible but I may need to roll my
>>own replication code to handle data conflict issues? Especially since
>>center 1/2 may be down at the same time and then might change the same data.
>>How do the tools for this compare against the ones from Oracle?

<snip some useful inputs>

> There is no simple solution, and the out-of-the-box solutions require a
> whole lotta configuration work.

That is what I have been suspecting. Luckily the databases aren't that
complex so we may be able to fix them so that there will be no conflicts
(in my dreams perhaps...) that need manual intervention.

Anyhow, are there any (big) companies that will do support for a
PostgreSQL installation?

--
Johnny Ljunggren, Vestlia 6, 3080  HOLMESTRAND, 918 50 411