Re: increasing the default WAL segment size - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: increasing the default WAL segment size
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 4/4/17 22:47, Amit Kapila wrote:
>> Committed first part to allow internal representation change (only).
>>
>> No commitment yet to increasing wal-segsize in the way this patch has it.
>>

> What part of patch you don't like and do you have any suggestions to
> improve the same?

I think there are still some questions and disagreements about how it
should behave.

I suggest the next step is to dial up the allowed segment size in
configure and run some tests about what a reasonable maximum value could
be.  I did a little bit of that, but somewhere around 256 MB, things got
really slow.