Comments from a Firebird user via Borland Newsgroups. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tony Caduto
Subject Comments from a Firebird user via Borland Newsgroups.
Date
Re: Comments from a Firebird user via Borland Newsgroups.  (Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to>)
List pgsql-hackers
<We found PostgreSQL a mature product, but in two things Firebird was
simply better than PostgreSQL: Two-Phase commit (ok, that is gone with
PG 8.1), but the second is a SNAPSHOT / REPEATABLE READ transaction
isolation. I can't live without that when it comes having a stable view
of data during one transaction, or did that change with 8.1? Is there
now a SNAPHOST / REPEATBLE READ transaction isolation level available as
well?>

Just wondering what the PG take on this snapshot repeatable read stuff is.

Tony