UCSD CSE dept uses MS SQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jeff Davis
Subject UCSD CSE dept uses MS SQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
I don't know how many university students are on this list, but I attend
University of California, San Diego. That's a major university and a
part of the same university system as Berkeley.

I have recently been taking some computer engineering classes there, and
in the only two classes that have used databases, both used MS SQL
Server. So, I take it from that that UCSD is basically a MS SQL shop.

However, there is some good news. One of my professors is familiar with
PostgreSQL. He is from Brazil (I think he's a guest professor of some
kind), and he said his students there work on PostgreSQL. He also said
that his students love to work with it because the code is so clean and
easy to work with.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis