Re: Is Postgres comparable to MSSQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Chris Travers
Subject Re: Is Postgres comparable to MSSQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Well, it might be a lot of work, but starting with those asking for
support, especially for multiple systems might be a good idea (the
perform list archives perhaps?)

For example, I remember helping a fellow from HP who was having issues
with *some* HP-UX systems not connecting to the UNIX socket properly.
Using gdb we were able to isolate the issue and it seemed to be either a
kernel or standard library issue involving UNIX socket handling (-h
localhost never caused the problem).

So evidently HP is using it for something, but I don't know what.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting