Re: Open source database comparison - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Christoph Nelles
Subject Re: Open source database comparison
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Jim C. Nasby schrieb:
> Another good question is why aren't they comparing 8.1 if they're
> comparing MySQL 5.0?

A good question would be : Would you think if a MySQL employee made this
   comparision, would it be neutral?

About the author (on the third page) :
"Uday Parmar is Head of Sales and Marketing at Daffodil Software, where
he is responsible for corporate sales, account management, strategic
planning, and business analysis. Uday holds a Bachelors degree in
Statistics from Mumbai University, an MBA in Marketing and HR, and a
Masters in Management from Durham Business School, England. . "

> On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 08:19:02PM +0800, Leonard Soetedjo wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I saw this open source database comparison:
>>http://www.devx.com/dbzone/Article/29480?trk=DXRSS_LATEST
>>
>>I'm quite new to PostgreSQL features, but shouldn't PostgreSQL already
>>have "SQL stored procedure"?  Is "SQL stored procedure" something
>>different from the usual stored procedure?  And it also mark PostgreSQL
>>as having no full-text search.  Isn't Tsearch2 being used to do that,
>>even though it's not on by default?
>>
>>I'm just concerned if the matrix is giving the wrong info about
>>PostgreSQL :)
>>

>>Regards,
>>
>>Leonard Soetedjo

>>TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster