Re: 8.1 Press Release is Final - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Richard J. Lin
Subject Re: 8.1 Press Release is Final
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Members of pgsql advocacy,

I just joined Command Prompt, I’d like to introduce myself and offer my
services to the group. I have mostly been in sales, business
development, and marketing roles in my past lives. I am technical in
that I was an engineer, once, but a mere featherweight compared to most
of the members of this group.

I am new to posting on forums so please forgive me and periodically tap
me on the shoulder as I stumble my way through this. I am however no
stranger to software, databases, applications and development tools
having been in the software industry for over 17 years now (and having
“done time” at Oracle, Rational Pure-Atria, and Andersen Consulting).

Seems I am a bit late to get into the action here for this press
release, but I do have some suggestions for the About PostgreSQL
paragraphs that I would like to share with the group for possible future
use (see below).

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if there are issues / projects
where I can provide input and value. I will try to chime in periodically
as I get myself settled here at Command Prompt.

I look forward to meeting you all at the next major pizza and beer bash
… and we’ll bill it all to Joshua ;-)

-Richard
650.799.5587

About PostgreSQL

PostgreSQL is the collective work of a global community building on twenty years of development which started at the
Universityof California at Berkeley.

With long-time support for enterprise level features including, ACID compliance, replication, point in time recovery,
storedprocedures, triggers, and sub-queries, PostgreSQL is being used by many of today's most demanding businesses and
governmentagencies.

PostgreSQL is distributed under a BSD license, which allows use and distribution without fees for both commercial and
non-commercialapplications.