Re: docs: config chapter - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: docs: config chapter
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> As far as I could tell by eyeball, you are simply moving the section out
> to be a separate chapter and a separate file, without changing any text?

Sorry, I should have noted that explicitly in my original email. The
vast majority of the patch is just moving the same text to a separate
file and chapter, and then fixing the resulting fallout. I also tweaked
a few areas in the text where appropriate ("This subsection" -> "This
section" and similar).

> This was agreed to in the above thread (or at least no one objected),
> but I thought we'd also agreed to provide some sort of alphabetical list
> of the config parameters, perhaps similar to the table at the front of
> the "System Catalogs" chapter.

Oh, there is definitely room for more improvement on this front -- Josh
has some concrete ideas for changes he wants to make, I believe. I just
submitted this to get it into the tree so that subsequent patches will
be easier to review and less likely to drift.

-Neil