Re: docs: config chapter - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: docs: config chapter
Date
List pgsql-patches
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Moreover, I don't agree with the premise.  Could you point to the
>> discussion?

> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-docs/2004-11/msg00029.php

As far as I could tell by eyeball, you are simply moving the section out
to be a separate chapter and a separate file, without changing any text?

This was agreed to in the above thread (or at least no one objected),
but I thought we'd also agreed to provide some sort of alphabetical list
of the config parameters, perhaps similar to the table at the front of
the "System Catalogs" chapter.  I don't agree with some of the more
radical suggestions in that thread, such as
one-page-per-config-variable, but the alpha index seemed to meet with
everyone's approval.

            regards, tom lane