Re: Hierarchical queries a la Oracle patch. for 7.3rc1. - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Hierarchical queries a la Oracle patch. for 7.3rc1.
Date
List pgsql-patches
> This is a pretty sizable patch, and there was discussion about it.  Tom,
> are you saying you will apply it with different syntax, or that you will
> do another implementation.

A new implementation --- I don't think this is usable as is (at least
not the parser part; I haven't studied the executor part closely yet).
For one thing, it ignores the agreed-on TODO items:
    * Add SQL99 WITH clause to SELECT
    * Add SQL99 WITH RECURSIVE to SELECT

We had the RHDB project meeting today and agreed that we'd work on this
(among other things) for 7.4.  You can put down Fernando Nasser and me
as the responsible developers for these TODO items.

            regards, tom lane