Re: 8.1 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: 8.1 release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>>. pl/perl support for strict mode
>>

>That was completed after I pulled CVS, I think.  It will be updated
>later.

Actually, it snuck in with one of Abhijit's patches.

>>And I am not sure if this counts as a bug fix or a feature :-) :
>>
>>. pl/perl logging of non-fatal warnings
>>

>Uh, not really.  I saw the commit message but what does it mean?

Before this patch, any non-fatal perl warning, either generated by perl
itself of by the user calling the builtin function warn(), was dropped
in the bit bucket. Now it is logged at NOTICE level.

cheers

andrew