Re: do we need inet_ntop check? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: do we need inet_ntop check?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>AFAICT, all we actually depend
>on to compile the #ifdef HAVE_IPV6 code is (a) struct sockaddr_in6 and
>(b) the macro AF_INET6.  Arguably we should have an explicit test for
>the latter, but unless someone exhibits a header file that has the
>struct but not the macro, the struct test seems sufficient.
>
>I'll remove the configure test.  I assume you want it gone from the 8.0
>branch too...

Yes please.

Unfortunately, this doesn't get us over the IPv6 hump on Windows, not
even if we include ws2tcpip.h.

It appears that we need either to pull in getaddrinfo from ws2_32.dll
(which Windows platforms have this? It should be available for them all,
according to MSDN). or make out own routines decipher ipv6 addresses.
So far today I haven't had any luck with the former.

cheers

andrew