Re: Migration: Informix to PostgreSQL Case Study - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jussi Mikkola
Subject Re: Migration: Informix to PostgreSQL Case Study
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi,

Just a couple of quick comments.

On 3.1.5 you mention companies giving commercial support. It might be a
good idea to add there one or two more, just to show that there really
are more companies. Which are most relevant in Germany, I don't know.

You mention, that there is no multi-processor support in PostgreSQL...
If I remember correctly, (and there are many here, who really know this
much, much better), in PostgreSQL you cannot bind certain tasks etc. to
certain processors, but SMP exists for many different processor
architectures. So, you can have for example a 4 processor computer
running PostgreSQL. (I don't know what are the biggest setups, but I
guess quite much bigger.)

Sorry, haven't read the whole story, so no more comments now.

Rgs,

Jussi