Re: Party planning - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Subject Re: Party planning
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Richard T. Romanik wrote:
> I think New York would be great or Philadelphia......  ( Bruce  & Jan
> would like that)
>
> There should be no problem getting into the states as long as you have
> the proper paper work.
>

> RTR

> Richard T. Romanik
> Vice President of  Sales
> SRA AMERICA (Formerly of One WTC)
> PostgreSQL Services : Consulting,Development,Migration and Training
> One Penn Plaza, Suite 1910
> New York, NY 10119
>
> Tel:  212.244.8833.52 Cell: 917.365.8700
>
> www.sraapowergres.com  rich@sraapowergres.com
> www.sraamerica.com     rich@sraamerica.com

The last time I went to the states people at the airport treated us (=
my wife and me) like criminals and questioned us for around one hour
(maybe people doing a business trip look like terrorists). I am quite
happy that we did not end up in Guantanamo or so ...

I don't think the US is a good location for an event like that because
as some folks said on the list: It can be hard to get a visa. In
addition to that I think that my fingerprints are my personal
intellectual property which should not be violated ;).

I think Canada would be the better place for most folks.
If people cannot agree on Canada I can offer you the wine cellar in my
back yard ;).

    Best regards,

        Hans