Re: code cleanup for tz - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: code cleanup for tz
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> Well, it's certainly hopeless to expect "patch" to fix it :-(.  But the
> further the code drifts the harder it gets to compare manually.

Sure, but I don't see how removing a few "register" qualifiers and so
forth is going to make the slightest difference to a manual comparison.
If the code was intentionally being kept as close to upstream as
possible, I wouldn't have made the changes in the first place -- but
since there is little prospect of doing a machine-assisted merge after
pgindent, I don't think this patch makes things appreciably worse.

-Neil