[IMPORTANT] OSCON 1 or 2 booths? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject [IMPORTANT] OSCON 1 or 2 booths?
Date
Re: [IMPORTANT] OSCON 1 or 2 booths?
List pgsql-advocacy
Hello,

O.k. we are on a short deadline for OSCON here is what is for certain:

Command Prompt and SRA are sponsoring a Commercial Booth for the
PostgreSQL community. Thus providing the optimum exposure as a whole.

Here is what not certain:

Should also get the community (.org pavilion) booth?

Initial thoughts are:

1. Have both booths run as PostgreSQL.Org booths
2. Both booths would be staffed at all times
3. Have scheduled mini-talks at the .org pavilion.

The idea would be that we could have 15 minute organized talks
in between normal booth operations (say every 2 hours) that talk
about something specific to PostgreSQL. Examples would be save points,
mvcc, etc...

These would be short, sweet and to the point talks with the idea around
providing detailed, dense information on the topics. The rest of the
time would be spent doing what we already do at OSCON. Promote
PostgreSQL just with two booths.

Downside to the .Org Pavilion. This year Oreilly is making the
communities responsible for EVERYTHING except the space and table. We
will have to arrange carpet, electricity, internet etc...

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake