libpq.dll causing access violation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject libpq.dll causing access violation
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello all,

I hope this is the correct forum for this problem - please point me
the right way if not.

I'm developing a Windows application using Delphi 6, talking to the
Windows version of PostgreSQL. I have a master-detail relationship
between two tables: Delphi implements this using a nested dataset in
the master dataset. When I try to open this dataset, however, I get
the following error:

"Access violation at address 63104AD0 in module 'libpq.dll'. Read of
address FEEEFEEE."

I'm using version 8.0.1 of PostgreSQL, running under Windows XP Pro
on my laptop, and libpg.dll is version 8.0.1 also.

Anyone seen this before?

--Ray O'Donnell.

Raymond O'Donnell     http://www.galwaycathedral.org/recitals
rod@iol.ie                          Galway Cathedral Recitals