Re: New Contrib Build? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: New Contrib Build?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> 'k, now i'm confused ... what are you looking at here, in contrib, as
> being 'admintools'?  Right now, anything in contrib is 'add-on' anyway,
> so they'd still be as confused, I'd think ...

Well at least it would be contained in the full tarball, not coming from
a 3rd site (and will hopefully build with a --with-contrib or so, after
some cleanup in contrib).
To fix it finally, all admin related stuff should be in core, not
contrib. I'm not too happy with admin tools needing additional stuff
loaded in each backend to maintain them (and e.g. surveilling table
sizes seems quite basic to me).

Regards,
Andreas