Re: Whence the Opterons?

From: Sam Vilain
Subject: Re: Whence the Opterons?
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Whence the Opterons?  (Mischa Sandberg, )
 Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Ian Meyer, )
 Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Steve Poe, )
  Re: Whence the Opterons?  ("Gavin M. Roy", )
 Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Andrew Sullivan, )
  Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Andrew Sullivan, )
 Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Sam Vilain, )
  Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Mischa Sandberg, )
 Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Geoffrey, )
  Re: Whence the Opterons?  (John A Meinel, )
   Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Geoffrey, )
 Re: Whence the Opterons?  ("Anjan Dave", )
  Re: Whence the Opterons?  (John A Meinel, )
 Re: Whence the Opterons?  ("Anjan Dave", )
  Re: Whence the Opterons?  (John A Meinel, )
   Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Jeff Frost, )
  Re: Whence the Opterons?  (William Yu, )
 Re: Whence the Opterons?  ("Anjan Dave", )
  Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Andrew Rawnsley, )
 Re: Whence the Opterons?  ("Magnus Hagander", )
 Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Richard Rowell, )
 Re: Whence the Opterons?  ("Mohan, Ross", )

Mischa Sandberg wrote:
> After reading the comparisons between Opteron and Xeon processors for Linux,
> I'd like to add an Opteron box to our stable of Dells and Sparcs, for comparison.
> IBM, Sun and HP have their fairly pricey Opteron systems.
> The IT people are not swell about unsupported purchases off ebay.
> Anyone care to suggest any other vendors/distributors?

Check out the Tyan Transport systems.  Tyan are an ex Sparc clone manufacturer, and
released the second available Opteron board - widely considered the first serious
Opteron board to hit the market.

Sam.