Whence the Opterons? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mischa Sandberg
Subject Whence the Opterons?
Date
Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Steve Poe <spoe@sfnet.cc>)
Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Sam Vilain <sam@vilain.net>)
Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Geoffrey <esoteric@3times25.net>)
Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Richard Rowell <richard@bowmansystems.com>)
List pgsql-performance
After reading the comparisons between Opteron and Xeon processors for Linux,
I'd like to add an Opteron box to our stable of Dells and Sparcs, for comparison.

IBM, Sun and HP have their fairly pricey Opteron systems.
The IT people are not swell about unsupported purchases off ebay.
Anyone care to suggest any other vendors/distributors?
Looking for names with national support, so that we can recommend as much to our
customers.

Many thanks in advance.
--
"Dreams come true, not free." -- S.Sondheim