Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Ron Mayer wrote:

> * I'd like to see the status of pgFoundry projects on
>   http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl
>
>   Right now I have confidence in most of the contrib
>   modules largely because I can quickly see if they
>   succeed or fail.
>
>   I'd like any pgFoundry project that is released
>   into the table described above to also have regression
>   tests that must pass before they're included in that table.
>   Ideally, I'd like to be able to see those results for
>   any released PGFoundry projects run on pgbuildfarm as well
>   so the status is easily visible.

See my cross-posting where I specifically state I have no plans for
buildfarm to test things outside core. It's doable in principle, but
would involve huge amounts of work, for which I at least (as buildfarm's
creator/administrator) would not have time in the foreseeable future.

cheers

andrew