GUITools update - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brennan Stewart
Subject GUITools update
Date
Re: GUITools update  (Alvar Freude <alvar@a-blast.org>)
List pgsql-general
I am starting work on a comparison of all the Postgresql design &
administration tools.

The problem:
Many Postgresql-compatible administration/design tools exist, but we
lack a full comparison and review of each.  This impedes migration and
slows down the development process (time spent researching tools instead
of doing DB work).  Devs & hackers would have an easier time if they
could read over a guide, and know from the start which tool will meet
their own requirements.

So, I want to remedy that problem.

Before I analyze these tools, I would appreciate input from the
community on what sort of information is important for Postgresql users
to know about these design&administration tools.
Sample list (just a few from my own)
operating system:
OSS
SQL Syntax checking
price
User permissions management
visual relationship modeling

I prepared a list of things myself, but was worried about incompleteness.

If you send back an email with the criteria that you find important, it
would be much appreciated.

regards,

Brennan
age on #postgresql irc.freenode.net