*bsd port that installs the contribs? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matt Van Mater
Subject *bsd port that installs the contribs?
Date
List pgsql-general
I there a way to specify that I want the contribs directory (and its
children) compiled and installed during the build process in the
various BSD ports systems?  Of course I understand that what works on
one BSD may not work on the others, but I don't see any FLAVORs or
make options that would suggest there is a way to do this (I have
looked in Open|Free ).

Also as a minor complaint, I understand that the contribs aren't
included in the default build for various reasons, but it would be
nice to have some more information about them included in the
documentation.  I would expect some mention of them at least one of
the postgresql-8.0.2/ README, INSTALL, configure, Makefile files, but
there doesn't seem to be any.

For example, searching the online docs for "contribs" "contribs
-Release" or one of their members (ie "dbsize") comes up with release
notes about how contribs/foo was updated or fixed, or how it might be
used for testing something.  I couldn't find any information online
regarding how to build/install them short of downloading the source,
unpacking, and reading the README files in the contrib directory.  I
can do this without too much trouble, but I expect that many people
might not know where to look.

Just a little nitpicking, but I figure if they're included in the
release tarballs, there should probably be some more information on
how to install them.  Otherwise it's just wasted space :)

Matt