Re: minor windows & cygwin regression failures on stable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: minor windows & cygwin regression failures on stable
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>

>>Windows has ordering failures on the join and rules tests - Cygwin has a
>>failures on the stats test. See buildfarm for details.
>>

>The ordering failures seem to be because the recent planner hacking has
>taken us back to preferring merge joins for these tests, and Windows'
>version of qsort has bizarre behavior for equal keys.
>
>I put an ORDER BY in the rules test.  For join, I'm inclined to think
>that the best bet is to resurrect the join_1.out variant comparison
>file that we had awhile ago.  Unfortunately, what's in the CVS archives
>is out of date and can't be used directly.  Could you send me the actual
>rules.out you get on Windows to use for a comparison file?

join.out sent off list

>Dunno about the stats failure.  It looks like the stats collector just
>isn't working on Cygwin, but AFAIR no one has touched that code lately.

It's worked before, that's the strange thing. I'll check some more.

>Do these machines fail on HEAD too?  (There don't seem to be any active
>Windows buildfarm machines for HEAD, which is surely ungood.  Won't
>someone step up and put one into the regular rotation?)

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof (appropriate quotation for
Good friday). I will address HEAD in due course.

The buildfarm members for both of these are in reality my laptop, which
doesn't even run Windows all the time, and has lots of other duties
anyway. We (or rather Josh Berkus and Bruce, at my request) are looking
for a replacement.

cheers

andrew