Re: psql and pg_dump using obselete copy commands - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: psql and pg_dump using obselete copy commands
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Oh, if we do that, do we disallow connecting to older servers?

Not at all, since the logic would be like this:

if we have new copy functions  and we have protocol version function    and protocol version >= 3      then use new
copyfunctions

else  use old copy functions

That would be even simpler if someone would answer my question about the
new copy functions working on a pre v3 server.  (I'm setting up to test
that atm)

Chris