Re: lower and unicode - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Miroslav Šulc
Subject Re: lower and unicode
Date
List pgsql-sql
Are you using PostgreSQL on Windows? If so, you should read the FAQ here
http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org/FAQ_windows.html#2.6.

On Windows, UNICODE (UTF8) is not supported because Windows natively
supports only UTF16 (I'm just repeating something I have read somewhere).

Miroslav

pginfo wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I tested the lower with unicode on 8.0.1 and find it not to work.
> If I have only latin symbols it is working well, but if I try to use
> also cyrillic the lower simpli ignore this symbols and all stay as is.
> I readet that this will work on 8.x .
> Exists some one using lower/upper + unicode and where can I find info
> about unicode status with pg?
>
> regards,
> ivan.

Attachment