Re: PostgreSQL still for Linux only? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bricklen Anderson
Subject Re: PostgreSQL still for Linux only?
Date
List pgsql-general
tony wrote:
> Excuse me dear sir. There seems to be about 97% of the world that runs
> Windows that does not give you permission to be rude to a tiny minority
> who just happen to have written an insanely great database that runs
> quite nicely on their "hobby" OSs as well as the crap you call home. If
> you aren't pleased with the postgresql support on Windows don't use
> it!!! That is your freedom. Ours is to think (maybe wrongly) that it is
> much better running it on the BSDs and Linux of our choice. That is our
> freedom.
>
> There is nothing egoist about developing a great database server on an
> OS with a tiny user base. The egoists are elsewhere dear sir, far from
> the free software developers, in the closed source world. The code is
> there, it is free - go and improve it. Maybe you need a dictionary to
> look up the word egoist?
>
> Please go and troll over at MySQL. They have a Windows version too and
> maybe a lot more time and patience for rude people such as yourself.
>
> Tony

This thread is getting a bit carried away, don't you think? If this keeps up, these fora run the
risk of turning into the gong show that the c.d.oracle.* newsgroup frequently becomes.
If you think it's a legitimate flame, why not ignore it, instead of adding to the noise?