Re: Display Pg buffer cache (WIP) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: Display Pg buffer cache (WIP)
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> I would rather see this as a contrib module.  There has been *zero*
> consensus that we need this in core, nor any discussion about whether
> it might be a security hole.

Hmmm, I guess my motivation for thinking it might be useful in core was
that it was similar to 'pg_locks' and 'pg_stats', i.e. exposing some
internals in a convenient queryable manner (useful for problem solving).

On the security front, I should have added a 'REVOKE ALL ...FROM PUBLIC'
on the view to at least control access (fortunately easy to add).

cheers

Mark