Re: Experimental patch: generating BKI revisited - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Experimental patch: generating BKI revisited
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yep, it's only on UNIX-ish systems where Perl isn't necessarily
>> required, and realistically I think it is probably present on nearly
>> all of those, too.

> Exactly.

Yeah.  Although the project policy is that we don't require Perl to
build on Unix, there was a bug in the makefiles that made it effectively
required, and nobody noticed for several years.  I don't think it would
be a hard sell to change that policy if we got a significant benefit out
of it.  (Depending on non-core Perl modules is a totally different thing
though.)