Re: Documentation: 21.5. Default Roles - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Documentation: 21.5. Default Roles
Date
Re: Documentation: 21.5. Default Roles  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-docs
On 2/6/20 12:11 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Tue, Feb  4, 2020 at 11:31:19AM -0500, Jonathan Katz wrote:
>>> Using this feature to handle the rename of a file *between* major
>>> versions, thus leaving the changes in master, should be safe (as long
>>> as we add an entry to that table in pgweb).
>>>
>>> As for back branches, I think we have to say that it's too close to
>>> the minor release to safely have something done in pgweb before then.
>>
>> This part I agree on, but let's sync offline to see if there is
>> something within reason, with a preference to *not* rush if we're
>> worried about breaking something right before release.
>
> Folks, is it Thursday.  Can we revert this and return to it when we are
> not rushed?  Alternatively, can someone who controls all the moving
> parts, like  redirects and Stephen's patch additions take ownership of
> this issue, with authority to revert the patch if things are too close?

Magnus and I briefly discussed what it would take, but the probability
of having the redirects ready on pgweb before the release is
slim-to-none, as we'd like to thoroughly test.

We can start experimenting with it now, and commit a fix after the release.

I don't have the power to revert changes directly to the documentation
in core, so I cannot take ownership of that part. However, I am happy to
own the completion of the redirect feature.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Attachment