Building Postgres under Cygwin - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Benjamin Scherrey
Subject Building Postgres under Cygwin
Date
List pgsql-general
This weekend I d/l 7.3b3 and successfully built/installed it with my Cygwin installation under XP.
Last night I needed to update a few cygwin packages and today I d/l 7.3b4. Suddenly my build
failed for b4 so I went back and tried to build b3. It failed as well (complaining about off_t being
redeclared as a different type of symbol) leaving me to believe that Cygwin must have updated my
header files along with the things I asked for. Unfortunately I can't seem to get back to a
configuration that'll let me build it successfully. Has anyone else gotten 7.3b4(or 3) built/running
under Cygwin and could they tell me what their version information on the cygwin packages are?

    thanx much & later,

        Ben Scherrey

PS: FWIW - both versions build fine under Linux.