Re: Automagic tuning - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Markus Schaber
Subject Re: Automagic tuning
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi, Cristopher,

Christopher Kings-Lynne schrieb:
>> Are there any tools that help with postgres/postgis performance tuning?
>>
>> So they measure the acutal tuple costs and cpu power, or suggest optimal
>> values for the index sample counts?
>
> Have you turned on the stat_* settings in postgresql.conf and then
> examined the pg_stat_* system views?

As far as I examined, those views only count several things like fetched
rows and pages, and cache hits.

I would like something that really measures values like random_page_cost
or cpu_tuple_cost that are hardware dependent.

I assume such thing does not exist?

Markus

--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich

Attachment