Re: 8.1 development cycle (was a couple of other threads - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: 8.1 development cycle (was a couple of other threads
Date
Re: 8.1 development cycle (was a couple of other threads  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
List pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> On a slightly different note in regards to the development
>> cycle. I am authoring a new book and it would be helpful
>> to know the approximate completion of the dev cycle.
>>
>> If the dev cycle is going to be really short, are we expecting
>> a more traditional 12-16 month 8.2?
>

> That seems to be the norm ... my feel for discussions so far is that
> 8.1's focus is going to be primarily replacing ARC, and anything else
> that might slip in ...

So are we looking at a 8.1 in June and a 8.2 in say August of 2006?

Or something else?

I know that it is hard to completely pin these things down but it would
be really
helpful :)

> ----
> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services
> (http://www.hub.org)
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ:
> 7615664

> your