Re: 8.0 just hit slashdot! - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: 8.0 just hit slashdot!
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Jeff Davis wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 08:49 -0500, Merlin Moncure wrote:
>

>>http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/01/19/1312224&tid=221&tid=198&t
>>id=185
>>

>Man, tough crowd. Did you see how much they were talking about count(*)?

Slashdot is good for press, not intelligent conversation. Most
of the people commenting on Slashdot about PostgreSQL don't
really have a clue about it...

I saw a lot of... there is no replication and even Pervasive
is the first commercial company to support it ;)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>8.0 is an amazing release, I can't believe such a negative thread got so
>much attention, especially since the issue is so insignificant.
>
>Congratulations to the developers and release people, you did a great
>job!
>
>Regards,
>    Jeff Davis

>      subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your