Re: Multiline plpython procedure - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hong Yuan
Subject Re: Multiline plpython procedure
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

>Now that you say that, I seem to recall that this has been reported
>before.  It seems odd that in today's climate the Python interpreter
>would not cope well with Windows-style newlines.  Maybe there is some
>configuration issue with Python itself?

I found a thread on exactly the same problem in the archive
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-support/2004-08/msg00078.php.
However the discussion seemed to have died down.

>>I am no longer sure whether this is a problem of Postgres or of pgAdmin.
>>

>Postgres is just passing the bytes from point A to point B.  You could
>maybe argue that it's a bad idea for pgAdmin to be using a
>Windows-centric notion of newline, but I doubt you'll be able to sell
>those guys on it.  Really this seems like a robustness issue for Python.

I can not find any problem with the python configuration itself. It runs
program with Windows-styled newlines perfectly. I suspect the problem
might lie in the module pl/python, which receives functions from
Postgres and passes them to python.

Maybe I should file a bug report.

--
HONG Yuan