Re: bgwriter changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: bgwriter changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>However, due consideration should also be given to
>
>(4) Do nothing until 8.1.
>
>At this point in the release cycle I'm not sure we should be making
>any significant changes for anything less than a crashing bug.

If that's not the policy, then I don't understand the dev cycle state
labels used.

In the commercial world, my approach would be that if this was
determined to be necessary (about which I am moderately agnostic) then
we would abort the current RC stage, effectively postponing the release.

cheers

andrew