Re: ODBC driver for Windows & future... - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Russ Cobbe
Subject Re: ODBC driver for Windows & future...
Date
List pgsql-odbc
> > There is an ODBC=>JDBC gateway out there (closed-source I believe) but
> > don't know of a .Net one.
>
> I think rather the ODBC driver should wrap the libpq library.  The .net
> driver has some justification for implementing its own protocol stack
> because of marshalling issues; the ODBC has little to gain besides
> paying a extra maintenance price which is now being paid in full :-).
> There may be some valid reasons why this was done that I'm not aware of,
> though.

We might be able to help out here.  We have written more ODBC drivers
than any one else (50+).  www.opayc.com

What is the status of the project?
What needs doing?

We probably wouldn't be able to contribute anything until the new
year but we can start looking at things now.

Russ Cobbe, President
Inline Internet Systems, Inc.
20 Marlatts Road
Thorold, ON L2V 1N1 Canada
1-905-680-0436x211 http://www.inline.net
Providing Comprehensive E-Business Solutions