Error when installing PostgreSQL 16.3.2 under system context NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From
Subject Error when installing PostgreSQL 16.3.2 under system context NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Date
Re: Error when installing PostgreSQL 16.3.2 under system context NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
List pgsql-bugs

Hello,

when installing PostgreSQL version 16.3.2 on a windows 10 client with the setup: „postgresql-16.3-2-windows-x64.exe“ via SCCM, i.e. in SYSTEM-context, the installation failes with following error-message:

(The error occures directly after starting the installation.)

„There has been an error. Unable to write inside TEMP environment path“

Even though the system-account has full permissions to this path.

An Installation with an  Administrative account (not NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM ) on the same client runs succesfully.

We want to deploy the software with SCCM, therefore, we need to use the SYSTEM-account.

Can you please provide us with a setup that works in SYSTEM-context ?

Thank you for your support.

Kind regards

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Harald Munsch