Re: Other formats in pset like markdown, rst, mediawiki - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pierre Ducroquet
Subject Re: Other formats in pset like markdown, rst, mediawiki
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Friday, March 31, 2017 7:17:08 AM CEST, Jan Michálek wrote:

> The following review has been posted through the commitfest application:
> make installcheck-world:  tested, passed
> Implements feature:       tested, passed
> Spec compliant:           tested, passed
> Documentation:            tested, passed
>
> Hi
>
> This is my first review (Magnus said in his presentation in
> PGDay Paris that volunteers should just come and help, so here I
> am), so please notify me for any mistake I do when using the
> review tools...
>
> The feature seems to work as expected, but I don't claim to be
> a markdown and rst expert.
> Some minor issues with the code itself :
> - some indentation issues (documentation and code itself with
> mix between space based and tab based indentation) and a few
> trailing spaces in code
>
> corrected
>
> - typographic issues in the documentation :
>   - "The html, asciidoc, latex, latex-longtable, troff-ms, and
> markdown and rst formats" ==> duplicated and
>
> corrected
>   - "Sets the output format to one of unaligned, aligned,
> wrapped, html, asciidoc, latex (uses tabular), latex-longtable,
> rst, markdown, or troff-ms." ==> extra comma at the end of the
> list
> - the comment " dont add line after last row, because line is
> added after every row" is misleading, it should warn that it's
> only for rst
> - there is a block of commented out code left
> - in the print_aligned_vertical function, there is a mix
> between "cont->opt->format == PRINT_RST" and "format == &pg_rst"
> and I don't see any obvious reason for that
> corrected
> - the documentation doesn't mention (but ok, it's kind of
> obvious) that the linestyle option will not work with rst and
> markdown
>

> In this patch are corrected (i hope, i had correct changes in
> vimrc) indentation issues. Plese, look at this if it is OK (i
> men indentats) and some minor errors. And it should work on
> current master (probably).
>
> Added \x option form markdown
> In markdown works multiline cels (newline replaced by </br>)
> regre tests passed
>
> \pset format rst
> \x
> select 10
> crash on segfault

> 0x00007f77673a866c in vfprintf () from /lib64/libc.so.6
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x00007f77673a866c in vfprintf () from /lib64/libc.so.6
> #1  0x00007f77673b1574 in fprintf () from /lib64/libc.so.6
> #2  0x0000000000437bc5 in print_aligned_vertical
> (cont=0x7fffade43da0, fout=<optimized out>,
>     is_pager=<optimized out>) at print.c:1755
> #3  0x000000000043a70d in printTable
> (cont=cont@entry=0x7fffade43da0, fout=<optimized out>,
>     fout@entry=0x7f77677255e0 <_IO_2_1_stdout_>,
> is_pager=<optimized out>, is_pager@entry=0 '\000',
>     flog=flog@entry=0x0) at print.c:3466
> #4  0x000000000043c37f in printQuery
> [...]

I agree with Pavel, there is a segfault when you do these with your current
patch. The current patch does not pass make check-world.
How did you generate the diff ? Basically, the simplest way to generate a
patch serie is through git format-patch.
For instance, say you have a rstFormat branch freshly rebased upon
origin/master, just do git format-patch origin/master..rstFormat and you
will
have one patch file per commit.
And don't forget to commit everything :)

I hope this helps, I don't have enough time to go through the patch and
find
out what is causing the segfault right now.