Re: Increase of Indian Names - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: Increase of Indian Names
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> I have noticed a considerable names of  Indian origin subscribing to the lists.
>
> This is a good sign.
>
> I hope the CXO story and SaiPACS had done its effect.

I have a theory about this.  Basically, say that 1/100 programmers gets
into open source.  That means that as the Indian software industry takes
off, 1/100 of those coders will get interested in open source.  Since
India has over a billion people, you can imagine that ultimately, MOST
open source programmers will be Indian.  Chinese as well.

Look forward to better non-english support :)

Chris