Re: Increase of Indian Names - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Increase of Indian Names
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 09:13:50AM +0800, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> >I have noticed a considerable names of  Indian origin subscribing to the
> >lists.

> I have a theory about this.  Basically, say that 1/100 programmers gets
> into open source.  That means that as the Indian software industry takes
> off, 1/100 of those coders will get interested in open source.  Since
> India has over a billion people, you can imagine that ultimately, MOST
> open source programmers will be Indian.  Chinese as well.

Maybe also an effect of Novell having its Bangalore office dedicated as
a whole to the Gnome project, which in turn has some links to Postgres.

So, jumping to a different thread, maybe I'd propose talking to Gnome
people rather than Firefox for synergy ... and the Gnome project is
rather cooler anyway.  Firefox kinda sucks IMHO :-D  And gnome is
probably closer to needing Postgres services.

"World domination is proceeding according to plan"        (Andrew Morton)