Re: SpreadFirefox - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Chris Travers
Subject Re: SpreadFirefox
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> If Firefox decided to drop the XML configuration storage approach in
>> favor of using a (perhaps quasi-embedded, in the way it _could_ be
>> done) PostgreSQL instance, that would be a good excuse.
>>

> IMHO that is a bad use for PostgreSQL and a better use for SQLite.
> PostgreSQL is a farily
> heavy process to be a book mark manager.

I have actually thought that a gconf backend using a transactional store
might be nice.  Especially for network administration of desktops...
PostgreSQL might be nice for this.  How it would compare to LDAP, I
don't know though....

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting