Re: ERROR: MultiXactId XXXXX has not been created yet -- apparent wraparound - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: ERROR: MultiXactId XXXXX has not been created yet -- apparent wraparound
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/15/2016 08:05 AM, Ioana Danes wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 10:52 AM, Adrian Klaver
> <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>> wrote:
>

>         They are not the same servers but they have similar setup.
>         Fortunately
>         they are qa and development.
>

>     Should have asked previously, are they on the same host machine?
>
> No they are on different physical machines.
>

>     Basically, something is corrupting data, just trying to narrow it
>     down to hardware or software. Looking to figure out if the
>     problem(s) follow the physical machine or the software the Postgres
>     is running on.
>
> I would say software because on the same physical machines we had SLES +
> XEN running for years without any kind of corruption.

I would tend to agree, but one cannot discount the effects of age. Could
be that the OS switch happened just prior to some age induced failure in
hardware.

Still, do you have a running Postgres instance or have you tried running
a Postgres instance on CentOS that is not in a VM?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com