Re: Can't find ODBC driver in the admin list - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Greg Campbell
Subject Re: Can't find ODBC driver in the admin list
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Can't find?
You did not say which tab on the ODBC administrator. Are you looking at
the Drivers tab -- not a DSN tab. If you were to ADD a DSN (system, or
user, or file) would the Driver appear in a list to select from.

Finally (almost), if you were to use regedit and check
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INIT. There should be a list
of drivers.

If the install worked, the driver should be listed there. Are you sure
you have administrative privileges on the machine you are working so
that you are allowed to install software.

Gene Farrelly wrote:

> I just downloaded and installed the latest ODBC driver on both a
> windows 2000 and windows XP machine.  In both cases,
> the registry entries were created, but I could not find the driver
> listed in the Data Sources (ODBC) admin interface.  I event
> installed the latest MDAC update from www.microsoft.com/data
> <http://www.microsoft.com/data>.
>
> Can any one help me out?

Attachment